The Avenue this year will be hosting the Gold Coast heats for the Airlie Beach Battle of the Bands music Festival.
Gold Coast really brings it when it comes to competing for a post to go Airlie Beach Festival Of Music's Passport To Airlie! Over 20 bands come together to bring you live and glorious original music in effort to get them to the Music Festival in tropical paradise. Invite anyone you know in band that does original music to ENTER NOW!
4 Heats 5, 12, 19 and 26 August
2 Semi-Finals 2 & 9 Sept
I GRAND FINAL 16th September
AND ALL OF IT AMAZING TO SEE!
The winner of the Grand Final in Airlie Beach will be invited back the following year to perform on the Main Stage in the Big Tent at the Airlie Beach Festival and will receive 4 nights accommodation and VIP festival passes.
The competition is open to all solo artists, duos and bands that meet the following competition requirements:
1. All entrants must be 18+ to enter
2. Each registered act will be required to perform a 30 minute set
3. Each set must contain a minimum of 3 original songs (5 songs in total)
4. Competition is open to most genres excluding Heavy Metal and Hardcore
5. All acts are required to be at their Heat prior to the start of the competition, where their names and performance times will be drawn out of a hat.
6. All participating acts on the day/night are required to remain at the Heat until the winner is announced, to show support for your fellow artists performing on the day/night.
7. Artists are required to bring their own backline (amps, drum kit/cymbals, instruments etc.) PA is supplied by the venue.
8. Acts must use same line-up/band members that performed in their Heats should they make it through to the finals.
9. The winning act MUST be willing and able to perform up to 5 shows at the Airlie Beach Festival of Music during Friday 10, Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 November 2017. Winning artists failing to do so will forfeit their prize.
10. Transfer to Airlie Beach for winners are not included
11. Bands must have no more than 5 members.
- A spot at the Passport to Airlie Grand Final during the festival
- 4 Nights Accommodation in Airlie Beach
- 3 Day VIP Festival Passes (includes Food & Alcohol)
- $1,000 performance fee (the winning act will be required to perform up to 5 x 1hr sets over the 3 days in Airlie Beach during the festival)
HOW TO APPLY
Fill in the Artists Online Registration form (coming soon).
All artists wishing to apply are to provide a link to their completed Muso's Garage Profile/Press Kit. Artists without a Muso's Garage Press Kit can sign up for FREE at www.musosgarage.com/register. Applications received without the artists Muso's Garage profile link provided will not be accepted.
Be sure to upload clear photos of you or your band, as well as either music videos (YouTube/Vimeo) and/or audio (SoundCloud), so that we can listen to your music. YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud are also free for artists to join.
All applications will be reviewed to ensure their suitability for the Festival, and if selected you will be notified which Heat you have been slotted into. Unfortunately, no guarantees can be given to artists wanting to perform at a certain Heat or time.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY: